Saturday, November 15, 2008

Grateful for Honorable Mentions

Thanks, Erie PA Today, for mentioning my work with Wikiproject Erie in a blurb on 3 November 2008. My work on the Erie parks article at Wikipedia was commented upon favorably at Erie Blogs on 2 October 2007. Always grateful for a bit of recognition.

My Wikipedia photographs of Erie pop up here and there. They're no longer mine as I've contributed them to Wikipedia, but I still get name credit when people use them. The Turtle Island Project website used my pictures on their site, even in a video at You Tube, and my name appears in both. My photos end up at other encyclopedias that use Wikipedia as their feed, including NationMaster (see my photos of the Warner Theatre in Erie), and Brittanica.com (see my picture of the Erie Maritime Museum). Sometimes my image contributions get used in odd ways. Like to complain about zoos. I'm happy to provide the content. You can see a gallery of all my photo contributions to Wiki towards the bottom of my home page there. I encourage you to contribute interesting photos you've taken to Wiki.

No comments: